Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center
Occupant Protection Safety Materials Distribution Program
The Florida Department of Transportation Safety Office has provided funding to purchase safety materials for distribution through the Florida Occupant Protection Resource Center (OPRC) to both the general public and trained/qualified Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Instructors and Technicians. These materials are to be provided to individuals along with a safety message and/or demonstration. The OPRC is excited to be the organization that will purchase and establish the statewide distribution process for the current year. The purpose of the program is to promote occupant protection through advocating the use of child safety car seats, seat belts and educating the public to the dangers of distracted or drowsy driving.
In order to receive occupant protection safety materials and print items for distribution through the Florida Occupant Protection Safety Materials Distribution Program, the following steps must be completed.
- Become a registered member of the OPRC site by clicking here
- Complete the Public Awareness Materials Plan (PAMP)
- Order your items from either the Available Materials (General Public) or the Technician Resources (Instructors and Techs) stores
- After distributing your safety materials, provide your reporting information with the Safety Materials Distribution Form.
- All tangible items require a return such as a safety pledge, safety survey, poverty level certification form or a participant sign in/registration sheet. Car seat distribution specifically requires the completion and return of a poverty level certification form for each seat distributed. The Poverty Level Certification Form ensures that the program's child safety seats are being distributed to those who could not otherwise obtain one.
- Only give multiple tangible items to a single person if the item types are unique and serve different functions.
- For tangible items given at an event, return a safety pledge or survey. At a presentation or training, return a registration or sign in sheet listing each participant that attended. If children are the recipients of the tangible items at the training, return a registration sheet with each child recipient's first name listed and a signature from the instructor certifying this as true and correct. If adults are the recipients of the tangible items at the training, return a registration sheet with each adult recipients first and last name listed and a signature from the helmet fitter certifying this as true and correct.
- All print materials require a return stating only the approximate number of each specific item distributed at the event or activity. In the event that you distribute "Safety Kits" (a combination of one tangible item with multiple print materials), the requirements for tangible item distribution would apply and you would record what items were distributed together.
You can download the Safety Materials Distribution Sign In Sheet and other reporting forms here.